Setting up TP-Link router with UnblockAll
Important: Before you start
Before you get on changing your DNS settings in order to use UnblockAll, make sure to write down on a piece of paper, the current serves addresses. It's highly important for you to keep these numbers safe, for backup needs, in cse you want or need to get back to them at any time.
We also advise you to print this page, in case you have problems and need to take a look on the instructions available.
1. Open your router administration page. It is usually one of the following;
o If those links does not work please consult your manual.
2. Enter your username and password if you configured one.
3. Go to “DHCP” in the left side menu and then “DHCP “ Settings.
4. Fill DNS server fields with values from the table below:
5. Click on “Apply” button to save changes.
• Give the router, computers and players you are planning to use with the service a restart
• Log in to our homepage, making sure to check the status of the service on the status bar in the middle.
• 3 green bars should appear in the middle of the screen. If an orange box tells you to update your IP address, please proceed in doing that.
• Attention Telus users: Special Firmware might not allow for DNS changes in the router. You can still change the DNS in your computer and other devices.
Why do I need to block Public DNS Lookups?
Some services have begun using forced DNS lookups to Google and other public DNS servers that are hardcoded in the apps and devices. This effectively bypasses any DNS servers setup by you or your ISP which means Smart DNS services such as Unblockall will not work. In order for Unblockall to be able to work, your services have to use Unblockall server to resolve domain names. The only way to get around this issue is by setting up static routes or other methods to block your device from accessing Google, and other public DNS servers from supported routers.
Disclaimer: This is an advanced tutorial meant for users comfortable setting up routers. If settings get corrupt, you always have the option of resetting the router but make sure you make note of your current settings or back them up first. The instructions and commands are provided AS IS for you to try and may or may not work depending on your actual router and the features available for you.
Try 7-day for Free for Unblock All content
Get full access to the Unblock All products with your free trial. No payment details neededStart Your Free Trial